Thursday 11 August 2011

Practise at monochrome colouring

Well what a wet, miserable day it's been today.  Paddy and I both got soaked when we were out for our usual two walkies today - he was a very soggy doggy!  So once I had dried him off I decided it was just the sort of day to sit and do some more colouring practise. 


I used a stamp I have had in my stash since last year - "Let it Snow" from the Moments in Time set by Flowersoft.  I looked at the monochrome tutorial on the Passion for Promarkers website first and chose the same colours they had used, apart from the darkest colour as I don't have Umber.  Instead I used the darkest brown I have, which is henna.  It took me a long time to do and here is the result:


Once I had done this one I was on a roll so thought I would practise doing a dress and stockings.  I used "Sorry Shanna" from Stamping Bella for this.  I think the stockings look ok but am not so sure about the dress.  I think I will have to try the dress again - and keep trying until I get it right.  So here is the finished result:


The face, hair and boots are for another day!

Thank you for stopping by.

Catherine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment