Thursday 25 April 2013

Benjamin Bunny

Well another blog post from me so quickly - very unusual at the moment!

This is a card I have just made for my friend Heather because she gave me three Beatrix Potter cds as a present and I wanted to make her a thank you card.  I know she likes Benjamin Bunny so that is the image I have used from the deooupage section of the cd.

Here is the card

 I took the decoupage sheet from the cd and a couple of backgrounds into CraftArtist and digitally cut out layer one of the decoupage and then resized it.  I used one of the background papers as a background and the second one as a material to make a rectangular mat.  I made the oval mat, ribbon and sentiment myself and added a bow.  I printed out onto Neenah card and did an additional image of Benjamin Bunny which I sprayed liberally with Spray and Shine and then added using Collal glue get.  As I was about to add it I realised that Benjamin Bunny's whiskers were missing so used a pencil to draw them in, copying the original image on the cd. The background has been layered onto matching green Coredinations card.  And of course I added a matching insert to finish off the card.

And I am very pleased to say that Heather loves her card.

Thank you for dropping in.

Catherine x


2 comments:

  1. Your friend will be thrilled with this Catherine, it's stunning!
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Catherine, your friend will treasure it.
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete